For Part 1 Please ref this Link – Log Analysis Part 1
Let’s start everything
Step 1 – Start elasticsearch
- Go to elasticsearch directory and type –
- For confirmation that ES is running successfully open browser and type your IP and then colon port of ES
Step 2 – Start Redis Server
- To start redis just go to redis home directory please refer redis installation guid if you are using tar.gz file. or commend me here i will help you for installing redis server.
- Now, go to src folder in redis and type redis-server to start server.
Step 3 – Start Kibana 3
- Start Apache tomcat and then open browser and type
- Now your Kibana is ready for visualization and click on sample dashboard option which is located at the end
Step 4 – Start logstash Indexer
- Open console and type bellow command and press enter
java -jar /my/logstash/logstash-1.3.2.flatjar.jar agent -f /config/logstash/logstash-indexer.conf
- Dam . . ! if all going cool then you are safe, if you get any error here please paste your errors with screenshot
- Now, Logstash indexer service is running successfully
- Note – We are done with server part
Step 5 – Start Logstash Shipper Client machine –
- Open client console and type following command to start logstash shipper
java -jar /my/logstash/logstash-1.3.2.flatjar.jar agent -f /config/logstash/logstash-shipper.conf
- If all running successfully then you are ready to go for log analysis
Lets see do some analysis now. . . . !
Step 1 – Send message from client shipper to Server Indexer
- Message sending – –
- Message is accepted by Indexer on server
Step 2 – Lets visualize this message on kibana
- Open browser by typing http://localhost:8080/kibana
- Click on sample Dashboard you can see your message
If you need any help around this then please post error question, comments i am ready to help you
Remember this is just the simple guide how to do the combination of all this ES, Kibana, Redis
We can analyze various data here.
Ex. System log
Here is my screen for system log analysis